Oral Health Education/Care Co-ordinator Course
A short course open to experience dental nurse.
Oral Health Educators [anyone in the Practice Team] give Oral Health Education and also help to
- increase patients’ understanding of procedures
- take pressure off dentists/hygienists
This Course is offered over 24 weeks [weekly, one evening a week] in Bracknell.
Due to the large number of NEBDN National Diploma Students, this Course is not running. However, if you would like to declare your interest, we can let you know when it next runs. Also, if there are a lot of interested people, we may be able to put a Course on sooner rather than later. So let us know if you are interested by writing to us at Glenmore, Old Bracknell Lane West, Bracknell, Berks. RG12 7AE including your home, work and mobile telephone numbers.
Topics covered include theories of education and their practical application within the surgery, sociology and dental diseases and their prevention. Oral Health Educators can
- meet with new patients before treatment starts or talk to them on the telephone and can knowledgeably raise awareness of available treatment
- see patients after treatment and can knowledgeably give oral health education
and importantly can document that the patient has received the advice
- go through costings with the patient
- create posters, Oral Health Education, or “treatment available” displays to be displayed in surgeries or waiting-rooms
- additionally explain how the practice works [eg: recall system, opening hours, giving out information leaflets etc]
- utilise this knowledge and their communication skills to increase their personal satisfaction in their work
The tutors emphasise that, at all times, staff should support the treatments recommended by the dentists and hygienists.
The importance of informed consent is emphasised.
The course includes the full NEBDN syllabus and leads to The Certificate in Oral Health Education awarded by the NEBDN. This qualifies the student to undertake Oral Health Education within the practice. The NEBDN OHE Examination is on the 3rd Sat of every Sept and March
After passing the examination, candidates will be awarded certificates by the NEBDN.
This certificate can be displayed at your practice.
Price : £
Contact us to applynebdn-oral-health-education